Sunday 13 February 2011

All day 'everyday sinner'

Saturday 12 was spent in the studio laying down guitars. Unfortunately it rather served to expose my ruff and fairly loose playing technique, you can get away with a fair bit live but when it's going down as a recording the ugly truth is there for all to see. Five hours later and I finally had one track down well enough to be happy with. Painful, very painful! (particularly for Tom who is co- producing the album) I would have stayed and added some more tracks but by that time my head felt well and truly battered, and I was due to play at Betties Blues that night.

Getting in front of a live audience was great, particularly getting to play some other songs and dust off a few old ones. Another good turnout for Betties and a very warm and appreciative audience made for a good night.

It's now Sunday and I'm heading back over to lay down some more guitar and hopefully some drums and bass, fingers crossed it goes better today... Catch you soon JC


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment