Tuesday 8 March 2011

The road goes ever on

Hi all, i played a short set on Friday 4th March 2011 at Deja Vu Bar in Reading along with Chris Beales, 'twas a good night and well attended. I love the sound they get at Deja Vu, so cheers to Rob Sowden, the stage and audience area are quite intimate too, which I like, it's a bit like playing in someones slightly oversized living room, well I guess to some it might seem normally sized, but then I live in a we terrace house :-)

The gig served as a great warm up for a weekend of recording, Saturday was spent adding guitar parts, in particular to 'clouds a rollin' which now has a great, slow, low and dark riff underlining it.

Sunday saw Andy Goodchild return to add some more drums and we now have tracks nearing completion ready for mix. I'm completely blown away by how good 'Hotter than the sun' is sounding as is 'Parkside Road'. Really need to find a good country fiddle player so if you know anyone out there who won't cost an arm and a leg send em my way.

Also in the studio this weekend was Andy Purcell laying down some cool organ and piano, it's early days but what he's doing really lifts the songs and takes them in new directions.

We'll be taking the next weekend off which will seem a little odd, I won't know what to do with myself, then we'll be right back on it next week, still aiming to be finished for the end of the month, fingers crossed... Catch ya later Jack Cade.



http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/2521778/1186628/Artist/1186628/Artist/link

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment