Saturday 7 May 2011

Vocals going down

Well, it's been a while since my last post, so apologies for that, it's been a manic month of recording, doing the odd gig, and trying to sort out all the other things that go along with the album such as sleeve design, promo, PRS, distribution blah blah blah.

I can happily report though that three and a half months in and we're finally ready to lay down the vocals... Matt Holland came in two weeks ago and added some stunning brass to two tracks 'The Fiery Road' and the 'The Room' it completely changes the feel of the two songs and they now just sound amazing.

My current favourite track is 'Clouds A Rollin' which has the most magical clarinet, laid down by Tony Whennel, I can't stop listening to it as it meanders through the track from subtle warm tones to an all out mournful wail. Truly beautiful.

So this week were down to the business of laying down the vocals. I've been working hard to refine the lyrics and the phrasing throughout so it'll be interesting to see how much they'll change the songs, which until now have had only guide vocals on them.

I have to take my hat off to Tom (if I was wearing one) he has done an amazing job so far in engineering, producing, playing and pulling in favours to pull all this together. Can't wait to get it out there so you can all have a listen.

Till next time Jack Cade

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment