Friday 17 June 2011

Gearing up to mix

Hey All,

This week has been spent putting together the artwork for the album. Writing songs is one thing but writing cover notes is a whole other thing altogether and my brain is a hurting.

Off into the studio to start the mixing from this weekend, we're in the final straight and the finish is in site, I've been listening to the rough monitor mixes on my stereo at home and am amazed at how good it's sounding already, Tom's done great at giving all the instruments there own space, and believe me that's no mean feat on some tracks running 3 guitars, mandolin, banjo, keys, drums, bass, horns, percussion and vocals!

For the vocals we've used a Neumann TLM49 which has captured my vocal perfectly, sounds like I'm sitting in the room with you, a scary thought for some maybe.

The new Jack Cade website will be up and running in the next week, so yet another digital presence to manage, along with the Twitter, Facebook, myspace (not sure this'll be going to much longer) reverbnation and blog.

Right now to the important business, the pint of Tribute ale sitting in front of me on the in the Nags Head... Luscious...

Till later.

Jack Cade

Find out more at http://www.jackcade.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment